Barracuda Content Shield delivers a powerful web and file threat protection solution along with content filtering for Barracuda customers, available in both multi-tenant (for MSPs) and single-tenant (for non-MSPs) versions.
Powered by Barracuda’s extensive threat intelligence network, Barracuda Content Shield protects users from malicious sites and inappropriate content, helping to keep your customers’ businesses safer and their employees more productive. Choose either a BCS or BCS Plus subscription, as described below. To get started with your subscription, see Accounts Page Summary.
Devices and Operating Systems Support
- (With BCS Plus only) Barracuda Content Shield Suite for Windows endpoints running Windows 10 (64 bit) and Windows Server 2012 , 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019.
- (With BCS Plus only) High Sierra 10.13.4, Mojave 10.14.6, Catalina, and Big Sur.
- Barracuda Chromebook Security for Barracuda Content Shield
Two Subscription Levels Compared
Barracuda Content Shield (BCS) and Barracuda Content Shield Plus (BCS Plus) subscription levels are compared in this table. Details about each subscription type are listed below.
BCS Subscription – Robust DNS Filtering
A BCS subscription offers DNS filtering to provide protection from online threats such as viruses, ransomware, phishing attacks, and botnets by blocking endpoint communication to websites that host malicious content. By enforcing policy at the DNS level, you block access to the sites before that connection is made, preventing dangerous communication between endpoint and website.
- The setup is quick and easy, taking less than a minute. There is no hardware or software to install.
- 'Agentless' DNS protection for all devices that sit behind your customers’ router or firewall — which is critical as IoT devices become more common in today’s workplaces.
- Web security and content filtering configured and managed in the cloud
- Blocks malicious sites before a connection is established, on all devices in the network
- Helps enforce customers’ company policies by restricting inappropriate web browsing
- Offers customizable protection levels and templates that can be reused
- Optional export of log information from BCS Plus to your custom logging server using the Syslog feature
- Powered by Barracuda’s real-time threat intelligence network
BCS Plus Subscription – Advanced Version
The BCS Plus subscription includes the following features in addition to those available with BCS, as described above:
- Choose either preset filtering policies or create customized policies for a particular user or group
- Base policies on any combination of categories, domains, or URLs
- Install the Barracuda Content Shield Suite on Windows or macOS endpoint machines to provide content protection for web traffic on Windows and macOS machines.
- Optionally synchronize your LDAP / AD users with Barracuda Content Shield for the purpose of applying filtering policies
- Ability to adjust order of precedence of filtering policies