Use the ALERTS page to create notifications to specific recipients based on a selected event (Notification Type).
- On the Alerts page, click Add Alert.
In the popup, select Notification Type.
- Blocked Category – An alert is sent to recipients when the Category you select in the next dropdown is blocked (for the number of times specified in the Alert Condition below).
- Command and Control Communications – Command and Control communication is any attempted communication from your network to a known host of ransomware, bots, malicious agents, and other malware. An alert is sent to recipients when any type of Command and Control communication occurs (for the number of times specified in the Alert Condition below). For example, an alert is sent when communication is sent to a known Command and Control domain, like Malicious Sites or Suspicious Sites.
- Agents Installed – An alert is sent to recipients when an agent is installed on an endpoint. This feature is currently available with BCS Plus subscriptions only.
- Alert Condition – To prevent alert fatigue, Barracuda has implemented threshold-based alerting. To enable, set the the Alert Condition level for the number of times the event selected above must occur within a 24 hour period to trigger an alert. For example, if a domain in the blocked category Personals & Dating is requested more than 2 times in 24 hours, you might want the service to send an alert notification to the email recipient(s) you specify below. Select Any Category to be alerted to blocks regardless of their category.
- Email Recipients – Enter one or more alert recipients, with each email address on a separate line in the text box.
- Click ADD.
After you have added an alert, you can click the More Options icon () in the table to take one of the following actions:
- Edit – Modify the Notification Type, Category, Alert Condition, or Email Recipients for the alert.
Suspend – Temporarily disable the alert. You can Resume the alert in the future without having to add it again.
- Delete – Delete the alert from the system.