The Web Filtering Logs show activities related to the filtering policies you have configured. For configuration information, refer to How to Configure DNS Filtering Policies and/or How to Configure Advanced Filtering Policies, depending on whether you are using BCS or BCS Plus.
To access Web Filtering Logs, while managing an account, select Web Filtering Logs from the left panel.
The Web Filtering Logs page displays the following:
- Date of the activity. Click on the arrow to the right of Date to reverse chronological order of log items.
- Action: Blocked or Allowed
- User ID/Location: With BCS, the Location name is displayed. With BCS Plus, the Username is displayed. Note: If the user is not signed in as a domain user, this field will not be populated.
- Rule: Click View Rule to go to the Advanced Filtering page and see the rule details.
- Categories: Category classification of domain user visited.
- URL: URL that triggered the rule.
By default, the logs are sorted by date, with recent entries at the top.
Use the tools located above the table of log entries to perform the following tasks:
- Search by clicking the left drop-down box to filter for User ID, Action, URL, Supercategories, Categories, or Location. After choosing that filter, use the right drop-down to search on values for the chosen filter. For URL, you can enter a partial or complete domain name. Click Search.
- Specify the time frame for the results using the Last 24 hours, 7 days, or 30 days dropdown.
- Click Refresh Logs to view the latest traffic information. Note that clicking Refresh Logs maintains your time frame selection (Last 24 hours, 7 days, or 30 days), whereas performing a browser refresh (pressing F5) reverts to the default Last 30 days setting.
- Save the data and analyze it by clicking Download CSV.
- Select which columns to display by clicking Columns.