How the Barracuda Content Shield Suite components work with Remote Desktop Services users
For Remote Desktop users, the Barracuda Content Shield Suite web filtering component (WFC) currently applies web filtering policies you created on the ADVANCED FILTERING page per-user. However, with the malware prevention component (MPC), the threat policies you created on the THREAT POLICY page apply the same to all Remote Desktop users, and all users can see any file that has been quarantined for other users by the MPC.
How to install Barracuda Content Shield Suite for remote desktops
First, get the installer and account configuration file from the DOWNLOADS page in Barracuda Content Shield. See How to Manage Deployment of the Barracuda Content Shield Suite for Windows for instructions.
To install from Remote Desktop Services:
- Go to the Windows Control Panel.
- Select Programs > Install Application on Remote Desktop.
- In the Install Program From Floppy Disk or CD-ROM, click Next.
- In the Run Installation Program popup, click Browse.
- Select BarracudaContentShieldSetup.exe. Click Next, and the Barracuda Content Shield Suite wizard opens.
- Follow steps in the wizard. You can choose to install only the WFC, only the MPC, or both.
- Click Finish.
- After the wizard completes, click Finish in the Windows Finish Admin Install window.
To install from the command line:
Install the application the same way you would on Windows:
Note: For KEYPATH = "path/to/bcs.key" in this example, replace the part in italics with the path to the