BCS Agent for Windows, Version 1.8.0 (March 10, 2020)
Ability to connect and work with the Barracuda Web Security Gateway appliance currently deployed. See Using Barracuda Content Shield With the Barracuda Web Security Gateway.
- Improved error reporting via the Barracuda Content Shield Tray icon on the Windows client.
- Allow the administrator to specify maximum CPU usage in the BCS ACCOUNT SETTINGS page.
- Web access log size is capped at a few megabytes.
- Support for the next generation Web Categorization Service (WCS 3.0).
- Resolved startup errors during the initial installation of the BCS agent on a fresh Windows OS image.
Support for the Windows 7 client is deprecated.
BCS Agent for Windows, Version 188.8.131.52 (January 29, 2020)
Fixed in Version 184.108.40.206
- Fixed issues with network outages occurring under rare conditions in the Windows environment.
- Fixed issues where the BCS Logger did not start during a new installation.
Known Issue in Version 220.127.116.11
- When installing the agent on a client machine for the first time, you must reboot the machine.
BCS Agent for Windows, Version 1.7.0 (December 13, 2019)
What's New in Version 1.7.0
- Ability for users to configure local domains, allowing local domains to properly resolve with local DC.
- New agent GUI which displays the last policy fetch timestamp.
Fixed in Version 1.7.0
- Fixed issues where local domains were getting blocked. [BNWSS-5664]
- Fixed BCS logger instances where logger may not start up properly. [BNWSS-6228]
- Fixed issues where BCS failed to apply policy at start-up. [BNWSS-6401]
BCS Agent for Windows, Version 18.104.22.168 (November 19, 2019)
- Resolved latency issue while browsing. [BNWSS-6480]
BCS Agent for Windows, Version 1.6.6 (November 11, 2019)
- >Updated certificate signing process during auto update.
BCS Agent for Windows, Version 1.6.4 (October 29, 2019)
- Updated DNS driver.
- Fixed in Web Filtering Component: DNS state changes.
Fixed in Malware Prevention Component: Avira auto-updater to download initial VDF files, keeping them updated.
- Fixed: Quarantine reports complete as expected. [
BCS Agent for Mac OS, Version 1.6.0 (September 23, 2019)
- New: The Barracuda Content Shield Suite offers an agent for Mac OS. The agent for Mac OS includes the Web Filtering Component (WFC), which applies policies you create on the Advanced Filtering page to endpoint web traffic. The suite is installed manually on endpoint machines, and supports High Sierra 10.13.4 and Mojave 10.14.6 and above. See How to Download and Install the Barracuda Content Shield Suite for Mac OS for details. Note: The BCS agent for Mac OS does not suppoert the Tamper Proof feature, which can prevent users from uninstalling the suite from the endpoint. See How to Prevent Users from Circumventing Barracuda DNS Servers Using Firewall Rules.
BCS Agent for Windows, Version 1.5.3 (August 18, 2019)
- Fixed issue with automatic upgrade of the BCS suite when Malware Prevention is disabled in the web interface.
BCS Agent for Windows, Version 1.5.2 (August 12, 2019)
The BCS portal will receive security updates on August 25, 2019. In order for the BCS agents to maintain connectivity after the portal update, the agents need to be updated to version 1.5.2. Barracuda provides an auto-update mechanism in the web interface, which allows the BCS agents to update automatically. You can enable automatic updates on the Account Settings page. If you deployed the agents via RMM tools or GPO, you can find the updated packages for upgrading the agents to the latest version on the Downloads page.
What's New in Version 2019.2.5.0 (May 13, 2019)
- Local Users support – Ability to manually add local users and groups if not synchronizing with LDAP/AD. Configure on the USERS page.
Fixed in Version 2019.2.5.0
- Improved compatibility with other WFP (Windows Filtering Platform) modules. [BNWSS-4778]
- Custom block page displays as expected. [BNWSS-4984]
What's New In Version 2019.2.4.0 (April 11, 2019)
Windows Remote Desktop Services Support for versions 2012 R2 and 2016 – Barracuda recommends running Remote Desktop Services in Application Server mode when installing and using the Barracuda Content Shield Suite with terminal servers. For more information, see Remote Desktop Services Support for Barracuda Content Shield Suite.
Barracuda Content Shield Suite Update Mechanism – Suite updates can be scheduled manually, at next reboot of the endpoint machine, or at a scheduled time. Configure on the ACCOUNT SETTINGS page.
Support Tools – Barracuda Support can access a customer's Barracuda Content Shield service and log in to troubleshoot any issues if the Support Access feature is set to ON. This feature is configured on the ACCOUNT SETTINGS page, and is set to ON by default. If you do not want to allow Barracuda Support this access, set the feature to OFF on that page.
Custom Text for Block Page – Edit the block page message with custom text, including the optional use of variables for time and domain. Also includes option to edit in full HTML for finer granularity of the message and formatting.
Fixed in Version 2019.4.0
- Search by User ID works as expected on the ADVANCED FILTERING page. [BNWSS-3857]
- Fixed issue with changing password. [BNWSS-4738]
- Fixed Barracuda Content Shield Suite agent issue with .local domains.
- Fix issues with network outages under rare conditions in the Windows environment.
- Fix issues where BCS Logger did not start on new installation.