As administrator, you can use the Tamper Proof feature of Barracuda Content Shield (BCS) to prevent users from uninstalling the suite from the endpoint. The Tamper Proof feature allows you to turn this option on or off in the BCS portal.
To tamper proof the suite so that it cannot be uninstalled on the endpoint:
- Log into the BCS portal.
- From the ACCOUNTS page, choose the account.
- Go to the ACCOUNT SETTINGS page.
- In the Agent Settings section, set Allow Agent Removal to No.
To allow uninstallation of the suite at the endpoint:
- Follow steps 1-3 above.
- In the Agent Settings section, set Allow Agent Removal to Yes.
- The service then requires creation of a password in the Agent Password field. If you don't create a password, you cannot save the setting. Make a note of your password, and then click Save Password. The password will be synchronized to the agents on the endpoint at the next sync interval.
- After the next sync between the service and the BCS suite on the endpoint, if you attempt to uninstall the agent, you will be prompted to enter the password.