The Tamper Proof feature of Barracuda Content Shield (BCS) prevents users from uninstalling the agent from the endpoint. However, the administrator has the option to bypass this feature on the BCS ACCOUNT SETTINGS page.
To ensure that the Tamper Proof feature is active so that the agent cannot be uninstalled on the endpoint:
- Log into the BCS portal.
- From the ACCOUNTS page, choose the account.
- Go to the ACCOUNT SETTINGS page.
- In the Agent Settings section, set Allow Agent Removal to No.
To BYPASS the Tamper Proof feature, allowing uninstallation of the agent at the endpoint:
- Follow steps 1-3 above.
- In the Agent Settings section, set Allow Agent Removal to Yes.
- The service then requires creation of a password in the Agent Password field. If you don't create a password, you cannot save the setting. Make a note of your password, and then click Save Password. The password will be synchronized to the agents on the endpoint at the next sync interval.
- After the next sync between the service and the BCS agent on the endpoint, if you attempt to uninstall the agent, you will be prompted to enter the password.