Moving an Onsite Manager is an intensive and hands-on process. This guide will walk you through how to prepare and execute a proper migration to a new device within your environment. Read this How-To end to end to ensure you understand the process and reach out to Support if you are stuck.
Preparing for the Migration
Before you begin, you will want to ensure that the Onsite Manager is fully up to date this can be checked in the Service Center > Update Center > Products. The following steps will assume you have updated the OM to the last release.
On both the existing OM and the new OM device, download and install SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
Installing SQL Server Express and Setting up the Instance
Follow the below steps on how to prepare a new device for the SQL Instance, Database Migration and the OM installation.
Steps for setting up SQL Server 2017 Express on the NEW Onsite Manager Device
- Download SQL Server 2017 Express.
- Move the SQLServer2017-SSEI-Expr.exe file into
- Open a Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Run the following command:
- Select Basic Install.
- Accept the Microsoft SQL Server License Terms
- Select Install on the location screen, the download and installation process will begin
- Once at the successful installation screen, click Close
- Enter the following command in same Command Prompt:
/SQLSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" ^
/INSTANCEDIR="C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server"
This will install SQL Server 2017 Express and create the SQL Instance required to migrate your On-Site Manager.
Performing the SQL Database Back-up
- Uninstall your Onsite Manager from the old device.
- Load SSMS and expand your LPIMWOMEXPRESS instance.
- Expand Databases.
- Right-click on MWData.
- Select Tasks.
- Select Backup.
- Add a disk destination and back up the database.
Restore the MWData database
- Transfer that backup up to the new OM device and save it to
- Open SSMS on the new OM.
- Expand LPIMWOMEXPRESS.
- Right-click Databases.
- Select Restore Database.
- Target the MWData backup in
- Set the Compatibility of the database under Properties > Options is set to the latest version available.
Install the On-Site Manager and Complete the Migration
- Download the Onsite Manager package from Barracuda Campus.
- Unblock the package, unzip and run SetupOM as administrator.
- Support recommends that as you installed SSMS already, run Advanced Installer and unselect SQL Tools
- Continue through the installation and when prompted enter the public SCMessaging URL found in your service center under Configuration > System Settings > Communication Settings.