The Product Quick Start ensures that the Barracuda solution is quickly and properly deployed. Barracuda provides a Professional Services Engineer for up to 8 hours to complete the given tasks.
Contents of Product Quick Start
- Pre-installation planning
- Knowledge transfer
Stage One: Implementation Review and Project Planning
A Barracuda Professional Services Engineer guides you though the following:
- A remote project kick-off meeting to explain the project requirements
- A detailed review of the configuration plan
- A schedule for the installation.
To successfully plan the project together, we ask you to prepare the product you have selected by using our catalog of requirements.
Stage Two: Implementation and Basic Configuration
The certified engineer installs the solution according to best practices and the requirements identified in the planning phase.
This includes the following:
- The installation of the appliances (physical / virtual)
- The latest generally-available code release installed or the activation of the SaaS solution
The goal is to ensure the solution is passing / receiving traffic and that all subsystem components are functioning as expected.
In addition, the engineer works with the customer to remedy any technical anomalies.
Stage Three: Advanced Configuration
With all instances properly built and able to communicate, services are enabled and the product is configured according to the requirements discussed during pre-installation planning.
Knowledge transfer is provided to ensure that customer staff members have a basic understanding of the implemented technology and can begin to administer the solution in conjunction with Barracuda Technical Support.
Stage Four: Post-Implementation Testing
The Barracuda Professional Services Engineer works on the final stage to fulfill the expectations of your business:
- Execute relevant test cases to confirm the configuration is working as expected
- Remedy any technical anomalies