The software update and platform migration provides a dedicated resource to plan and execute tasks for a firmware update or platform migration. The goal is to minimize the risk of failure, avoid any unnecessary downtime, and show the customer how to take care of future updates. Barracuda provides a Professional Service Engineer for up to 8 hours to complete the given tasks.
Contents of Software Update and Platform Migration
- Update or migration
Stage One: Implementation Review and Project Planning
A Barracuda Professional Services Engineer guides you though the following:
- A remote project kick-off meeting to explain the project requirements
- A detailed review of the update / migration
- A schedule for the installation
Stage Two: Update or Migration
The certified engineer will update / migrate the solution according to best practices and the requirements identified in the planning phase.
This includes the following:
- Updating or migrating the appliances (physical / virtual)
- Installing the latest generally-available code release
- Getting the solution working as expected
In addition, the Barracuda Professional Services Engineer works with you to remedy any technical anomalies.
Stage Three: Testing
The Barracuda Professional Services Engineer works on the final stage to fulfill the expectations of your business.
- Execute relevant test cases to confirm the configuration is working as expected
- Remedy any technical anomalies