Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service includes Firewall Logs and Access Logs.
Firewall Logs are generated whenever suspicious HTTP requests are detected and denied, based on access control lists.
- Access Logs are generated for all user requests, providing information about website traffic and performance.
For information on Audit Logs, refer to Audit Logs.
To view logs for an application:
- Under Applications, click an application.
- In the left navigation bar, click Logs. On the Logs page, select All Logs, Firewall Logs, or Access Logs.
- For details on a specific log entry, click the plus icon for the record. The record expands to reveal details about the event.
Focusing Log Results
Click Filter to specify one or more filters to focus on specific log data, including Query Strings, URLs, and Methods.
By default, logs do not display health check information. To view this information, in addition to other log data, click Filter, then set Show Health Check to True.
Specifying a Date Range
To filter by specific dates, click the date/time filter. There, you can:
- Choose a pre-defined Quick Range value, like the last 7 or 30 days.
- Define a custom date and time range.
Downloading Log Data
When you have focused your log results, click Download. A CSV file of your results downloads automatically.
Note that there is a limit to the number of rows you can download. Only the first 10,000 rows of data can be exported to a CSV file. If your table displays more than 10,000 rows, a warning displays, instructing you to use more restrictive filters to view a smaller set of data, so you can download all of the log rows.