Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service is licensed using the following parameters:
- Number of applications you are protecting,
- Total bandwidth used by all applications you are protecting,
- Whether you have add-ons for the applications you are protecting. Add-ons include Advanced Threat Protection, Advanced Bot Protection, and Premium Support.
The License Management page displays all licenses you currently have, as well as how much of the license’s capacity you are currently using.
You are in violation of your license if you:
- Have added more applications than specified in your license.
- Are using Advanced Threat Protection on more applications than specified in your license for this feature.
- Are using more bandwidth than specified in your license across all applications.
- Have not added a new license, but your existing license has expired.
If Barracuda Networks detects a violation of your license, we will:
- Not immediately restrict traffic to your existing applications.
- Send an email to the administrator email on file notifying you of the violation and the reason for it. This reminder will be repeated as long as you do not address the violation.
- Give you a 14-day grace period, during which we will continue your service uninterrupted.
- After 14 days, progressively lock Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service configuration and reporting features, but your applications will remain protected.
- After 28 days, no longer protect your applications, but they will continue to work.
- After 42 days, delete your Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service account. All configured applications will cease to pass traffic and all your configuration and logs will be lost.
If you receive a notice of a license violation, contact your Barracuda Networks Sales Representative as soon as possible and we can help you address the problem, ensuring you uninterrupted access to Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service.