In order to run a policy against users to archive email, you must first add the users to the Mailbox Manager. Once users are added, you can create policies to carry out actions against the defined users' mailboxes. Once a policy runs against a user, the Search Archive folder is created in a user's mailbox. This allows the user to easily access the Search Archive website to search and browse their archived data.
To add users to the Mailbox Manager,
- Open the ArchiveOne Admin console, right-click Mailbox Manager, and click Add Mailbox:
- The Choose mailboxes dialog box displays the Global Address List (GAL):
- Click on a user in the left pane, or use Ctrl- or Shift-click to select multiple users, and click Add to add the user to the Selected Mailboxes list.
- Once you select all of the required mailboxes, click OK to save your settings. The users are added to the Mailbox Manager list.
- You can now create policies to apply to these mailboxes.