This article refers to the Barracuda ArchiveOne 6.6 and higher.
A journal repository stores data archived from a Microsoft Exchange journal mailbox, and cannot store data archived from end user mailboxes.
Before getting started, verify you have the following permissions:
- Proper file permissions on the server where the new repository is located;
- Proper user permissions to run ArchiveOne;
- ArchiveOne service account must have full control over the repository's parent directory.
Use the following steps to create a journal repository:
Create the parent directory for the repositories on your file system, for example, C:\Repositories. Note the following rules when creating the parent directory:
The ArchiveOne service account must have full control over the repository's parent directory.
Each repository consists of an Index location and a Data location. Both of these folders are usually stored within a single parent directory whose name corresponds with the repository name, for example, C:\Repositories\Compliance_Repository_Year_2015.
Repositories must never share base directories, i.e., Index/Data/Temp.
Log in to the ArchiveOne Admin Console.
Right-click Journal Repositories, and then click New Journal Repository.
The Repository Configuration Wizard launches. Click Next in the initial page to proceed.
In the Repository Name page, enter a name to identify the repository, and then click Next.
- In the Storage manager page, from the drop-down menu make your selection:
- If you are using a specified device to hold archived data, select the appropriate Storage Manager.
- If you are using a local or mapped network drive, select None.
Click Next. In the Index location page, click Browse and navigate to and select the Index folder.
- Click Next. In the Rate control page, you can optionally select Control archiving rate to archive a set maximum amount of data at a time each time a policy runs. This can prevent overloading during high volume hours. This feature is recommended if you are using a Storage Manager.
- Click Next. In the Retention page, select a period of time to retain messages from the drop-down menu.
- Click Next. The Configuration Wizard completion page displays once the repository is created. Click Finish to close the wizard.