ArchiveOne regularly checks various aspects of the system to ensure it is running smoothly by running a set of tests. You can configure when this happens and what sort of notifications are generated. The tests are run at a scheduled time (by default daily at 6am). To run these tests immediately, right-click System Health, and then click Run Now. When a set of tests is complete, a summary of the results of the run is shown in the right pane including the number of tests that succeeded, failed, or reported a warning. Double-click the results row to view details for the selected test.
You can right-click on a report and choose to view, save or delete it. To send a System Heath report to Support for analysis, use the Save option.
Right-click System Health, and then click Configure to configure the following characteristics:
- The schedule on which to run the set of tests; typically run daily or weekly.
- A list of tests to exclude from the results.
- Whether to download new tests as they become available. It is generally recommended that you enable this feature.
- Configure email notifications:
- Whenever a set of tests is run. This is the default setting.
- Only if one or more of the tests does not complete successfully.
- Disable sending notifications.
- If email sending is enabled, you must configure the email address to use and the SMTP host (typically the name of an Exchange server – one with the Hub role if running Exchange 2007 or 2010, or any server if earlier – but can also be an external server such as Google Mail). If required, click Advanced to set the SMTP port and authentication details. Once configured, click Test Email to attempt to deliver a test mail using the configured details.
In this Section