In ArchiveOne Admin, click Mailbox Manager to view a list of mailboxes in the right pane. If no mailboxes are configured, you are prompted to add them.
From the Mailbox Manager you can access the following options:
- Properties – View and set default mailbox properties, and configure the default mailbox client settings. For more information, see Client Settings.
- Add mailbox – Add a mailbox into ArchiveOne. Mailboxes are added with the defaults settings from the configuration pages. The owner of the mailbox is set as the only user allowed to search into the archive of the mailbox. If a distribution list is selected then all mailboxes in the list are added. The distribution list is not remembered; if a user is added to the distribution list at a later time, they are not automatically added to the Mailbox Manager. Mailboxes currently configured into How to Create a Journal Policy cannot be added to Mailbox Manager.
- Select mailboxes – Pre-select mailboxes from a distribution list.
- Role definition – Assign administrator roles on the policy. See How to Define Role Behavior for more information.
From a mailbox within the Mailbox Manager you can access the following options:
- Properties – View and set default mailbox properties.
- Enable/Disable processing – If a mailbox is disabled it is excluded from a policy and does not count as a part of the license counting.
- Enable/Disable search – Specify whether a search folder is created in the mailbox when the mailbox is processed. The folder name is defined in the configuration pages. When the folder is selected, the Search and Retrieval Website displays.
- Enable/Disable retrieve – Specify whether a folder is created in the mailbox when the mailbox is processed. This is where the retrieved items from the Search and Retrieval Website are stored. The folder name is defined in the configuration pages.
- Add/ Remove users – Select which users are allowed to search into the mailbox archive.
- Delete – Remove the mailbox from ArchiveOne.
- Set repository – Select which repository mail in this mailbox is to be archived. Archive policies archive the mailbox mail to the configured repository.
- Client settings – Specify client settings. For more information, see Controlling Client Settings.
- Role definition – Assign administrator roles on the mailbox object in the manager (not the mailbox itself). See How to Define Role Behavior for more information.
When either the Quick Link or Laptop Client is used on a client machine, it informs Mailbox Manager of the version being used. Click the Mailbox Manager, and in the right pane you can view client version, machine, client, and update time of the software on the client machine. You can use this to, for instance, identify if some clients have not been updated with the latest versions of these products.
If you are running multiple instances of the ArchiveOne Admin application, changes made on this node in one instance are not visible on the other instance. If you suspect there have been changes, restart your instance to ensure it has up to date data.