The service configuration includes an encrypted version of the password used for the account that runs the ArchiveOne Service. This is used as part of the security model that allows the Search and Retrieval Website, when running on a server other than the Archive server, to securely pass the authentication of the user connecting to the ArchiveOne Service. When you view the ArchiveOne Admin Status Node, it checks that the stored password is correct for the service account. If it is found to be wrong, an alert displays. If you are prompted to update the service account password details, or you have manually reset the service account password in Active Directory:
Step 1. Update Cached Service Account Password
- Open the ArchiveOne Admin console.
- Right-click the Status node, and click Manage password.
- Enter the correct password for the service account.
- A message displays indicating whether the entered password is correct.
Step 2. Update Stored Configuration on the Archive Server
You must also update the ArchiveOne services which use the service account as their identity.
- Open the Microsoft Services Console (services.msc).
- Update the Log On credentials for the ArchiveOne services:
- Right-click the service, and click Properties.
- On the Log On tab, type the new password, and click OK.
Restart the service as prompted to affect the change.