If you have installed ArchiveOne without configuring a license, then you are using an Evaluation License. This has the following restrictions:
- It has a limited life, and expires 30 days after installation. After that time, all archiving and searching stops.
- You can enable only 5 mailboxes in the Mailbox Manager node. This allows you to process messages to or from 5 mailboxes, and the PST files attached to those mailboxes in Outlook.
If you have installed ArchiveOne with a Full License:
- It has an unlimited life.
- A license is purchased for a specified number of mailboxes, and can be enabled in the Mailbox Manager node.
- The license names the Configuration server to which the ArchiveOne Service connects. That ArchiveOne Service can process mail in as many mailboxes as are named on the license.
To install another instance of the ArchiveOne Service to connect to a different Exchange server, or move the original ArchiveOne Service to a different Exchange server, you must obtain a new license key from Barracuda or your supplier, for which you may be charged an administration fee.
When purchasing a license, you can:
- Select whether to allow the Barracuda Advanced Discovery Dashboard functionality which is allowed by the evaluation license. If you purchase a license which disallows Advanced Discovery, the Advanced Discovery tab in the ArchiveOne Web Admin console is not be available.
- Select whether to allow connection to Exchange Online. If the Online Connector is not enabled by your license key you cannot process mailboxes hosted on Exchange Online.
- Select whether to allow Mailbox Archiving and/or Journal Archiving.
- Select the optional modules you want to include.
A purchased license usually has a processing mode of full. If your license has a mode of restricted then you are limited in the operations you can perform. Typically, you are able to search and retrieve from the archive but not archive new data into it. If you see this, contact support.