You can change the SQL Server instance used by Barracuda ArchiveOne Enterprise for example, if you have reached the maximum database size limit for SQL Express instances and want to migrate to a full SQL server instance.
ArchiveOne utilizes a number of SQL databases which should be migrated to the new SQL instance:
To change the SQL Server instance,
- Confirm that the ArchiveOne Service domain account has the correct SQL permissions applied to the new SQL instance.
- Ensure that the ArchiveOne databases are mounted in the new SQL instance.
- On the Archive server, open the Microsoft Services console (services.msc), right-click each ArchiveOne Service, and click Stop. Ensure all ArchiveOne Services are stopped before proceeding.
- Browse to the Local Configuration Store in C:\ProgramData\Barracuda\ArchiveOne\LocalConfigurationStore
- Open the file System_Service.ini in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Edit the line SQLInstance= to the new SQL instance name in the form SERVERNAME\INSTANCE, or if using the default instance, just SERVERNAME.
- Save and close the file.
- Open the Microsoft Services console (services.msc), right-click each ArchiveOne Service, and click Start.
- Open the ArchiveOne Admin console.
- Right-click Status, and click Configure.
- Click the Browse Archive tab, and confirm the SQL instance is updated with your changes. Click Verify to confirm the connection is successful.
- Click Update Now to start a manual database synchronization.
- The new SQL instance name is now set and the AOnePartitionData and C2CBrowseArchiveFolders databases automatically rebuild in the background if you did not migrate these databases initially. If you did not migrate these databases, confirm that the AOnePartitionData and C2CBrowseArchiveFolders databases are created successfully on the new SQL instance through SQL Server Management Studio.