You may be directed by Barracuda Support to apply a new service build to fix a reported issue or to assist in gathering more diagnostics to determine the root cause. Use the steps in this article to replace your existing service build.
To replace an existing service build,
- Close the ArchiveOne admin console.
- Type services.msc in the Start Search box, and press Enter.
- In the Services window, stop the appropriate services, for example, ArchiveOne Service.
- Navigate to the installation directory, for example, C:\Program Files (x86)\Barracuda\Software_name or C:\Program Files (x86)\C2C Systems\Software_name, where Software_name represents the name of the Barracuda software you are using, for example, the default directory for ArchiveOne v7 or later is C:\Program Files (x86)\Barracuda\ArchiveOne
- Locate the file XXXXservice.exe in the directory, and rename the file XXXXservice.exe.OLD, where XXXXservice represents the service executable, for example, the ArchiveOne service executable is AOnePolService.exe
- Copy the new version of the XXXXservice.exe file supplied by Barracuda Support to the installation directory.
- Type services.msc in the Start Search box again, and press Enter.
- In the Services window, right-click the service stopped in step 3, and click Restart to run the new version of the executable.
The service is now updated to the new build.