This article refers to Barracuda ArchiveOne Enterprise version 6.5.1 and higher.
During installation, you are prompted to create an ArchiveOne user group, by default, ArchiveOneUsers. If you want to change this user group name, for example, if you want to follow your existing naming conventions, use the steps in this article to update the ArchiveOne Users group name.
ArchiveOne Version 7.3 and Higher
- In Active Directory (AD), change the existing security group name to the new desired name.
- On the Archive Server, browse to the local configuration store in C:\ProgramData\Barracuda\ArchiveOne\LocalConfigurationStore.
- Open the System_Service.ini in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Update the line Group Name= to the new name of the security group.
- Save and close the file.
ArchiveOne Version 7.2 and Earlier
- In AD, change the existing security group name to the new desired name.
- On the Archive server, type regedit to open the Registry Editor.
- Browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AOnePolService\Parameters
- Right-click and modify the string Group Name.
- In Value data: type the desired group name created in step 1 above, and then click OK.
- Open the Microsoft Services console (services.msc), and restart ArchiveOne Service.
The new ArchiveOne user group name is now in effect.