This article refers to Barracuda ArchiveOne Enterprise version 5.8 or higher.
Before Getting Started
Before getting started, verify you have:
- Archived data;
- Permissions to run archiveOne Enterprise (Compliance); and
- A client machine running Outlook to view retrieved messages from the archive.
Step 1. Configure an Archive Search
- Open the ArchiveOne Enterprise (Compliance) Admin Console.
- Right-click Archive Searches, and click New.
- In the Archive Search Definition dialog box, enter a name to represent the search:
- Click Content criteria:
- Message contains all of these words – Enter those words on which to search for in the message body or subject using AND, OR or NEAR to modify the search.
- Messages do NOT contain any of these words – Enter those words you do not wish to search on.
- Property – Select the criteria to search for.
- Condition – Select the comparison to apply.
- Value – Enter the terms on which to search.
- All or any criteria – Select whether to find items that match all or any of your criteria sets.
- Click OK. In the Archive Search Definition dialog box, click Status Criteria:
Search expired items – Select whether to search expired items.
- Search deleted items– Select whether to search deleted items.
- Search on hold items – Select whether to search items on hold.
- Search Recycle Bin – Select whether to search the recycle bin.
- Search items archived by ArchiveOne Enterprise (Policy) – Select whether to search archived items
- Click OK. In the Archive Search Definition dialog box, click Repository Criteria:
- Click OK, and then click Done in the Archive Search Definition dialog box.
Step 2. Perform an Archive Search
- Open the ArchiveOne Enterprise (Compliance) Admin Console, and click Archive Searches.
- Right-click the search you want to run, and then click Run.
Enter a comment about the search you are running.
- Once the search is complete, the Search Results dialog box displays:
- Select from the available actions:
View Summary – Click to view a summary of the results; click OK to close the results.
Retrieve all messages – Click to retrieve the results without viewing messages.
Delete all messages – Click to delete the results without viewing messages. This is not recommended.
- Close the dialog when you are done.
Step 3. Perform an Action on the Search Results
- Select the messages you want to retrieve.
- Right-click your selection, and click Retrieve Message.
- In the Search retrieval dialog box, select where you want you want the messages to go:
Turn on Re-create the original folder hierarchy to recreate the folder structure that held the message(s).
Select from the available options to specify where you want the retrieved messages to go:
Put results into a public folder with a name chosen by ArchiveOne Enterprise (Compliance) – Copies your item(s) into a new folder within the Retrieval Folder.
Put results into a named public folder – Copies your item(s) into a specific folder within the Retrieval Folder.
Put results into a PST – Copies your item(s) into a specific PST; if the PST is not present, it is created.
Put results into a named mailbox – Copies your item(s) into a specific folder in a specific mailbox.
To apply serial numbers to the subject line of messages when they are printed, turn on Enable Bates Stamping, and then click Configure.
Click OK to start the retrieval process; a confirmation message displays when the process is complete.