This article refers to the Barracuda ArchiveOne version 18.104.22.16840 and higher.
Implement Repository Replacement to assist with slow retrievals in the following scenarios:
- When a repository is moved from one location to another and the original repository is no longer valid but still present in URL links;
- A stub is pointing to a linked repository on a server that no longer exists (this can introduce at least an eight second delay to resolve the server name);
- Linked repositories to Compliance are present and no longer in use, causing an timeout.
Use the following steps to define a repository replacement for a repository on a decommissioned server:
- Log in to the Archive server, and browse to: \\Configuration_Server\Add-ins\AOnePol
where Configuration_Server is the name of the Configuration server where the Add-ins shared folder is hosted. If you do not know the Configuration Server name, go to the Status Node in the Admin Console.
- Right-click AOnePol, and click New > Text Document.
- Name the file AOneRepReplacement.C2C, and open the file in Notepad.
Add the following text to the file:
Save and close the file.
- The next time the Quick Link Client is launched, it sends a request for a message for repository \OLD_SERVERNAME\Repository. The Policy service determines if a replacement repository is present, for example, \NEW_SERVERNAME\Repository. When the replacement repository is found, the Policy service no longer attempts to load the repository \OLD_SERVERNAME\Repository, saving the time taken to resolve the old server.