This article refers to ArchiveOne version 7.1 and earlier, and Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, 2010, and 2013.
Use the steps in this article to create a MAPI profile using the MFCMAPI tool to use for testing purposes.
Before Getting Started
Based on the version of Exchange Server you are running in your environment, verify you have the following:
- Exchange CAS Server name (Exchange 2007/2010 only)
- ArchiveOne service account SMTP address
- Exchange Mailbox GUID (Exchange 2013 only)
Use one of the following options to obtain the Exchange Mailbox globally unique identifier (GUID):
Option 1. Exchange Management Shell
- On the Exchange CAS Server, launch the Exchange Management Shell.
- Enter the following command, where <UserName> represents the ArchiveOne service account name:
get-mailbox -Identity <UserName> | select ExchangeGuid >C:\ExchangeMailboxGuid.txt
The PowerShell query outputs the Exchange GUID to a file named ExchangeMailboxGuid.txt on the root of C:\.
Option 2. Use the AutoDiscover Tool
To run the AutoDiscover tool:
- On the Archive server, browse to the installation directory, by default:
Version 7.0 and higher: C:\Program Files (x86)\Barracuda\Archive One\C2CAutodiscover
Version 6.6 and earlier: C:\Program Files (x86)\C2C Systems\Archive One\C2CAutoDiscover
- Right-click C2CAutoDiscover2Test.exe, and click Run as administrator.
- The Autodiscover Test Tool launches. In the Mailbox to discover field, enter the service account SMTP address.
- In the Authentication user field, enter the service account User Principal Name (UPN), and associated Password.
- Click Discover to retrieve the mailbox details, or click Discover with Archive mailbox to retrieve the Exchange archive mailbox details.
- If the discovery succeeds, then the mailbox details are reported in the Status window.
- Once the discovery succeeds, the output window displays a line including Server= followed by the Exchange Mailbox GUID, for example:
Step 1. Manually Create a New MAPI Profile
- On the Archive server, log in using the ArchiveOne Service account, by default: ArchiveOneAdmin
- From CodePlex, download and extract MFCMAPI to the Archive server.
- Run MFCMAPI.exe.
- Go to Session > Logon > New.
- The wizard displays. Click Next.
- In the Profile Name field, enter a name to represent the profile; make note of the name as it will be required in a later step. Click Next.
- Microsoft Exchange Server field:
- Exchange 2007 or 2010 – Type the Exchange CAS Server name, for example, EXCHANGE01
- Exchange 2013 or higher – Type the Exchange Mailbox GUID
- The Mailbox field auto-populates with the currently logged on user account name. Change this field to the SMTP address, for example, ArchiveOneAdmin@mycompany.com
- click Next. Verify do you travel with this computer is set to no, and click Next.
- The profile setup displays as complete; click Finish to close the wizard.
- The choose profile dialog now includes the new profile. Click OK to use this profile for login.
Step 2. Check the Profile
Log in to the new profile. You should see two objects: Public Folders and Mailbox. To verify the profile is suitable for use, click Quick Start > Open Folder > Inbox. If you are able to open the inbox without error, and you can open messages in the inbox, you have successfully created a static profile you can use for testing purposes.