If you suspect that one of the ArchiveOne processes is experiencing a memory leak, Barracuda Networks Technical Support may advise you to use the Microsoft Debug Diagnostic Tool (DebugDiag) to help identify the source of the memory leak.
Before You Begin
Download DebugDiag from the Microsoft Download Center; for 64-bit operating systems, download and run the DebugDiagx64.msi on the Archive server to install DebugDiag.
Step 1. Configure DebugDiag
Once you install DebugDiag on the Archive server:
- Launch DebugDiag.
- In the Select Rule Type dialog, select Native (non-.NET) Memory and Handle Leak, and click Next.
- Select the appropriate process from the list as advised by Barracuda Networks Technical Support. For example, select aonepolservice.exe if you believe it is the ArchiveOne Service leaking memory.
- Click Next. In the Configure Leak Rule dialog, select the following options:
- Start memory tracking immediately when rule is activated
- Auto-unload LeakTrack when rule is completed or deactivated
- In the Userdump generation section, click Configure. In the Configure userdumps for Leak Rule dialog:
- Select Auto-create a crash rule to get userdump on unexpected process exit.
- Select Generate a userdump when virtual bytes reach, and set to 300MB.
- Select and each additional, and set to 100MB.
- Click Save & Close.
- In the Configure Leak Rule dialog, click Next.
In the Select Dump Location and Rule Name (Optional) dialog, ensure the output location has sufficient free disk space available (utilize up to 20GB); change the path if necessary.
- Click Next.
- In the Rule Completed dialog, select Activate the rule now, and click Finish. The rule is now configured and ready to generate dumps.
- Click Save, click Save Changes, and then click Activate.
Step 2. Configure ArchiveOne Logging
Ensure you have enabled ArchiveOne logging as described in How to Enable Advanced Tracing
Step 3. Collect DebugDiag and ArchiveOne Logging
Once DebugDiag has run for a sufficient period as advised by Barracuda Networks Technical Support, collect the generated output from the output location noted in Step 1. Configure DebugDiag, substep 7,and send to Barracuda Networks Technical Support for analysis. You can upload the ArchiveOne logging to Barracuda Networks Technical Support as described in How to Enable Advanced Tracing.