When installing ArchiveOne, the installer creates and configures an ArchiveOne service account. This is used as the identity for the ArchiveOne Services which run on the Archive server and have a mailbox provisioned in Exchange. This service account is assigned Full Access permissions over any Exchange mailboxes you want ArchiveOne to process. The installer also creates a global security group (named by default ArchiveOneUsers) which any users required to administrate and manage ArchiveOne must be a member of. The installer adds the ArchiveOne service account and the user account running the installation to the ArchiveOneUsers group by default so that you can configure ArchiveOne once the installation is complete. If an error is encountered performing any of these actions during installation, you may see one of the following messages:
- There was a problem while trying to create the account
- There was a problem while trying to add the service account to the local administrators group
- There was a problem while trying to add the current account to the ArchiveOneUsers group
- There was a problem while trying to add the service account to the ArchiveOneUsers group
- There was a problem while trying to create the group
If you encounter one or more of these errors, use the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Ensure that all the prerequisites have been fulfilled as per ArchiveOne for Exchange - Prerequisites.
- Ensure the Archive server can contact your domain controllers (DCs) and that you have no issues with Active Directory (AD) replication.
- Verify the installing user has sufficient administrative permissions to create accounts in the specified organizational unit (OU) and create mailboxes in Exchange.
- If you continue to encounter issues, manually create the Service account and/or ArchiveOneUsers group with the rights as described in ArchiveOne Service Account Permissions. You can then re-run the installation, specifying the manually created account and group.
- If you are unable to proceed with the installation, click Save Log on the installer to collect the installation logs, or manually collect the log files from C:\ArchiveOneInstallLogs, and contact Support for assistance.