ArchiveOne requires the use of a Microsoft SQL Server instance as per the prerequisites. A number of databases are created in this SQL instance for the ArchiveOne configuration data and to provide the auditing, search optimization, advanced discovery, and browse archive features. When installing ArchiveOne, specify whether to use an existing SQL Server instance, or to install a SQL Express 2008 R2 instance on the ArchiveOne server. If you choose to install a SQL Express instance using the ArchiveOne installer and an issue is encountered during installation, you may be presented with one of the following messages:
- The Barracuda instance of SQL Express installation failed
- Failed to start SQL installer exe
If you encounter one or more of these errors, use the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Ensure that the ArchiveOne server meets the ArchiveOne for Exchange - Prerequisites and the Microsoft Hardware and Software Requirements for Installing SQL Server 2008 R2.
If the SQL Express automated installation fails, manually download and install a version of SQL Express following Microsoft TechNet, for example, Installing SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Once the SQL Express instance is installed, confirm you can access the instance from SQL Management Studio as the ArchiveOne service account.
- Re-run the ArchiveOne installation specifying the manually installed SQL instance.
- If you are unable to proceed with the installation, click Save Log on the installer to collect the installation logs, or manually collect the log files from C:\ArchiveOneInstallLogs, and contact Support for assistance.