Scope: ArchiveOne Enterprise v6.0 or later
When accessing the Archive Search (AOneSearch) website, you see the following error:
The website has failed to connect to the SQL database.
The connection string used was:
Data Source="HOSTNAME\INSTANCE";Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=master;Connect Timeout=30
The exception thrown was:
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
Please contact your administrator.
The AOneSearch website is unable to connect to the SQL instance. This can be due to a number of different causes:
*The SQL instance name is incorrect.
*The named server can't be resolved in DNS.
*There is a firewall preventing connection to the SQL instance.
*The SQL Server Browser service is not running on the SQL server.
*The TCP/IP protocol is not enabled for specified SQL instance.
You should rule out each root cause:
1. Confirm that the SQL instance name is correct and contains no misspellings.
2. Confirm the specified hostname resolves in DNS on the server(s)hosting the AOneSearch website, e.g. by pinging this from the command line.
3. If you have deployed any firewalls between the SQL server and the server(s) hosting the AOneSearch website, you will need to ensure the necessary ports for SQL connectivity are open (see 'Firewall Configuration' section on Prepare for Installation)
4. On the SQL server, ensure that the SQL Server Browser service is running from the Microsoft Services console (services.msc).
5. In the SQL Server Configuration Manager, ensure that the TCP/IP protocol is enabled for the ArchiveOne SQL instance.
1. Launch the SQL Server Configuration Manager.
2. Expand the SQL Server Network Configuration node and select the Protocols for INSTANCE, where INSTANCE is the name of the SQL instance used by ArchiveOne.
3. Ensure that TCP/IP is set to Enabled.
Link to This Page: