This article explains the steps to manually edit the ArchiveOne licence key string in the event you are unable to open the ArchiveOne admin console. You may need to do this for example, if the licence string has become corrupted or if you have performed an upgrade from Express to Enterprise and the old licence key string is now invalid.
HOW TO STEPS
1. Browse to \\Configuration_server\Add-ins\AOnePol where Configuration_Server is the name of the server hosting the configuration data, typically the Archive server itself.
2. Take a backup copy of the file AFSettings.c2c
a. This will allow you to easily revert any changes applied if required.
3. Edit the AFSettings.c2c file in Notepad.
4. Find the line starting ?Licence=??
5. Copy the new licence string in full after the equals (=) sign, e.g. ?Licence=Customer:12345:::AB12345a05012341189ae:*:012345a34d_10aNNNNNNNYYYYYY07123456781234567812345678123456781234567812345678123456811?
6. Save and close the file.