ArchiveOne Enterprise, v6.6 and earlier versions
You may occasionally find that the data sizes reported for a repository will display an incorrect value for the size of the repository. The sizes are not checked with each archiving policy run; instead the amount of data from archiving is appended to the existing values. Incorrect values may occur if a repository is not migrated according to best practice.
NOTE: A new feature was added in ArchiveOne v7.0: right-click a repository and choose 'Update Statistics'. This will calculate the data size on disk and update the ArchiveOne Admin console accordingly.
HOW TO STEPS
To update the repository metrics,
- Browse to: \\Configuration_Server\Add-ins\AOnePol\Repositories)
where Configuration_Server is the name of the configuration server.
- Browse to the subfolder named for the repository you want to modify, e.g. Year_2014.
- Open the file with the name of the repository in Notepad, e.g. year_2014.C2C
- Find the values Indexsize=XXXX and Size=XXXX
Indexsize is the size of the Index directory in bytes; Size is the size of the Archived Data directory in bytes.
- You can manually edit these values to correspond to the data size on disk. Save your changes and close the file.
- You can check the size of the directories on disk in Explorer. If you do not know where the Archive data and Index folders are located on disk, these paths will be listed in the DirForArchives=XXXX and DirForIndex=XXXX.If the ArchiveOne Admin console is still open, close and relaunch it (the repository configuration files are only read during startup). You should see the new values you entered appearing in the repository metrics.
Link To This Page: