ArchiveOne Enterprise, v7 or later
When running the preinstall for v7, after selecting ?Use the instance that your previous installation of ArchiveOne was using? the server presents an error ? ?PreInstall could not set service account as SQL admin.? And on clicking ok you are prompted to enter SQL login details.
The preinstall log file C2C_PreInstallCheck.log will also display the following message ?
21/08/15 14:44:46 DoPrep::DatabaseExists returning True for C2CAOneConfig
21/08/15 14:44:46 DoPrep::DatabaseExists returning True for C2CBrowseArchiveFolders
21/08/15 14:44:46 DoPrep::DatabaseExists returning True for AOnePartitionData
21/08/15 14:44:46 DoPrep::DatabaseExists returning True for AOneAudit
21/08/15 14:44:47 AddUserAsDbOwner 'The server principal 'MYDOMAIN\ArchiveOneAdmin' already exists.'
21/08/15 14:44:47 AddUserAsDbOwner 'The proposed new database owner is already a user or aliased in the database.'
21/08/15 14:44:47 DoPrep::CreateDatabase failed to set service account as SQL admin
21/08/15 14:44:47 DoPrep::CreateDatabaseAsUser Domain: 'MYDOMAIN' Account: 'ArchiveOneAdmin'
At some point the service account has been added to one of the sql databases as a user.
For each ArchiveOne database (AOneAudit, C2CBrowseArchiveFolders, C2CAOneConfig, AOnePartitionData) check and, if present, remove the ArchiveOne service account from the list of users:
- Log into SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Expand the ArchiveOne databases listed in the preinstall check log.
- Expand the Security node and then Users.
- If the ArchiveOne service account is listed, right-click and delete the user entry.
- Click ?OK? to commit the delete.
- Repeat for all the ArchiveOne database and then close SSMS.
- Now re-run the preinstaller to confirm the error is resolved.
Link To This Page: