ArchiveOne Enterprise, all versions
Any messages in the Exchange Journal mailbox(es) where no recipients match a user in the Mailbox Manager will be skipped for archiving and remain in the Journal mailbox by default, unless you have configured the Journal Cleanup behavior to delete all messages regardless of whether they are archived or not. Over time, the Exchange Journal mailbox(es) may increase in size as messages which contain no matching recipients are skipped and accrue in the mailbox. Below are the steps to change the Journal Cleanup behavior.
HOW TO STEPS
- Open the ArchiveOne Admin Console.
- Right-click on the 'Status' node and click 'Configure'.
- Select the Journal Cleanup Behavior tab.
- Choose the appropriate option for what you want to do with the items in the Journal mailbox once archiving is complete:
- Delete NOTHING (this will keep all of the messages in the Journal mailbox whether archived or not).
- Delete ONLY messages that get archived (will delete only the messages archived and leave the ones that have not been archived in the Journal mailbox).
- Delete ALL messages (will delete all of the messages in the Journal mailbox whether they are archived or not).
If you do not add the appropriate users to the Mailbox Manager, then you may inadvertently delete messages which you want to be archived.
- Select 'OK' to commit your choice.
The next time Journal archiving runs it will apply the new cleanup behavior setting.
Link To This Page: