ArchiveOne Enterprise, all versions
The second phase of archiving fails with the error:
'Initialization failed unexpectedly (failed to read mailbox list) - check repository "configuration"'
You have checked the repository properties and the index and data paths are correctly configured.
During archiving policies, data is written to the repository configuration files. During these updates, additional square bracket sets ([ ]) can sometimes be added resulting in the above error.
When viewing the repository configuration file it would appear as a second copy of the configuration information has been added. This additional information should be removed from the configuration file following the steps below:
1. Ensure the ArchiveOne admin console is closed.
2. Navigate to \\<Configuration_Server_Name>\Add-ins\AOnePol\Repositories
where Configuration_Server_Name is the name of the Configuration server (this can be found from the Status node in the Admin console).
3. Take a backup copy of the repository configuration file <Repository_Name>.c2c
where Repository_Name is the name of the repository the policy was archiving to.
4. Edit the repository configuration file <Repository_Name>.c2c in Notepad.
5. Remove the empty square brackets ([ ]) and any lines after the empty square brackets ([ ]).
6. Save your changes and close the file.
7. Reopen the ArchiveOne admin console so it reads the configuration files again.
Run the archiving policy again to confirm the error is resolved.
Link To This Page: