MaxCompression, all versions
This process will explain how to enable logging, where to find the log files and how to disable logging again for the MaX Compression Client.
HOW TO STEPS
Important: This involves editing the Windows machine registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to re-install Windows to correct them. Barracuda cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use this tool at your own risk. It is highly recommended that you create a backup of the registry before making any changes.
- On the client PC which is experiencing the issue, open the Registry Editor by running Regedit.
- Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\C2C Systems\MaX Compression\compextn\Settings
- Modify the DWORD 'trace' to value '2'. If the key is not present, right-click to create a new DWORD called ?trace? and set the value to '2'.
- Copy the folder path from the DWORD value ?TracePath?. This is the location where the client log file will be generated.
- If currently open, close and reopen Outlook. Otherwise just open Outlook.
- Carry out the same action that produced the error, e.g. open a compressed attachment to reproduce an error message.
- Browse to the 'TracePath' folder path noted from step 4.
- Zip the 'Trace.log' file in that directory.
- Attach the file to an email and send it to email@example.com with a description of the error or problem you are experiencing.
This will provide a detailed log of the process that produced the error. Your support representative will then be able to review the log and determine the root cause of the issue.
To disable client trace:
- Open Regedit.
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\C2C Systems\MaX Compression\compextn\Settings\trace
- Change the value of 'trace' to '0'.
- Restart Outlook to affect the change.
Link To This Page: