ArchiveOne Enterprise, all versions
This process will explain how to enable logging, where to find the log files and how to disable logging again for the ArchiveOne Laptop Client.
HOW TO STEPS
Important: This involves editing the Windows machine registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to re-install Windows to correct them. Barracuda cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use this tool at your own risk. It is highly recommended that you create a backup of the registry before making any changes.
- On the client PC which is experiencing the issue, open the Registry Editor by running 'regedit'.
- Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\C2C Systems\AOneSync\Settings
- Modify the DWORD 'trace' to value '2'.
- If the key is not present, right-click to create a new DWORD called 'trace'.
- Copy the folder path from the DWORD value 'TracePath'. This is the location where the client log file will be generated.
- If the Laptop Client is currently running you will need to restart it.
- From the icon in the system tray, right-click and select 'Close'.
- Carry out the same action that produced the error, e.g. retrieve an archived email to reproduce an error message.
- Browse to the 'TracePath' folder path noted from step 4.
- Zip the 'AOneSyncTrace.log' file in that directory.
- Attach the file to an email and send it to your Barracuda Support representative.
- To disable client tracing again, go back to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\C2C Systems\AOneSync\Settings\trace key in the Registry Editor.
- Change the value of 'trace' to '0'.
- Restart the Laptop Client to affect the change.
This will provide a detailed log of the process that produced the error. Your support representative will then be able to review the log and determine the root cause of the issue.
Link To This Page: