Access Security Manager, all versions
This process will explain how to enable logging, where to find the log files and how to disable logging again for Access Security Manager (ASM).
HOW TO STEPS
On the client machine where you are running ASM,
1. Open the Registry Editor by running 'regedit'.
2. Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\C2C Systems\Access Security Manager\Settings
3. Modify the DWORD 'trace' to value '2'. If the key is not present, right-click to created a new DWORD called 'trace'.
4. Copy the folder path from the DWORD value 'TracePath'. This is the location where the client log file will be generated.
5. Close and reopen Access Security Manager, if it is already running.
6. Carry out the same action that produced the error, e.g. run a search.
7. Browse to the 'TracePath' folder path noted from step 4.
8. Zip the 'AOneASM.log' file in that directory.
9. Attach the file to an email and send it to your support representative.
10. To disable client tracing again, go back to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\C2C Systems\Access Security Manager\Settings\trace key in the Registry Editor.
11. Change the value of 'trace' to '0'.
This will provide a detailed log of the process that produced the error. Your support representative will then be able to review the log and determine the root cause of the issue.
Link To This Page: