ArchiveOne Enterprise, all versions
Is it possible to increase the amount of body text included in the message link?
Yes it is possible to do this by creating a registry key value for the required size as follows;
1. On the server where the ArchiceOne service is installed, open the Registry Editor by running regedit.
2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AOneService\Parameters
3. Create a DWORD called ‘MessageLinkTextSize‘
4. Give this DWORD a value, in bytes, equal to the size of message body desired (remember to select a 'decimal' value)
5. Close regedit
6. Restart the ArchiveOne service
*The default value for this registry key is '1000'
*The value in bytes need not directly correspond to the number of characters. Typically, each (unicode) character is two bytes.
*The value is NOT retro-active. It affects newly created message links only.
WARNING: The incorrect use of Registry Editor may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
Link To This Page: