Occasionally the ArchiveOne forms have not been downloaded to the local instance of Outlook which prevents the archived message stubs displaying with the familiar icon (an open envelope with an ‘a’):
This can be because the forms have not been deployed to that machine or the account in question is running in Cached Mode. This can sometimes be rectified by dropping out of Cached Mode and running a full Send and Receive.
If you are not concerned that the icon is the standard archived messages icon, you may wish to set a Microsoft icon as the default instead. However if you are using different versions of Outlook then the MS icon code selected may be display a different icon for each version. If you still want to set the icon as a default MS Outlook icon rather than the ArchiveOne standard form, please refer to this article
This process will apply the forms to any machine which is experiencing this issue. If this still is not successful, please contact Support for further diagnosis and assistance.
1. Open the ArchiveOne Console.
2. Right click the Mailbox Manager node and select “Properties…”.
3. Select the “Client Configuration” tab.
4. Verify that “Enable Outlook form registration” is selected.
5. On the client machine open Outlook.
6. Take the user out of cached mode:
In Outlook 2003 (Tools - E-Mail Accounts - View or Change existing accounts - Change...).
In Outlook 2007/2010/2013 (Tools - Account Settings - Change...).
7. Delete the OST files for that user.
Windows XP (C:\Documents & Settings\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook)
Windows Vista & 7 (C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook)
8. Install the Quick Link Client (if not done so already).
9. Run a full Send/Receive .
10. Reopen Outlook and verify that the forms have been downloaded:
11. For Outlook 2003/2007 (Tools - Options – Other – Advanced Options – Custom Forms).
For Outlook 2010/2013 (File - Options – Advanced – Custom Forms).
12. Adjust the "Temporary storage for forms" to '4096' kilobytes (This will require a reboot).
13. Confirm that the forms have actually been downloaded by selecting "Manage Forms..."
Please note that the forms MUST be listed in either Organization Forms or Personal Forms for the icon to be displayed .On the ArchiveOne server run a policy against that user’s mailbox.Confirm that the icons are now correctly displayed.Reinstate Cached mode.Verify that the icons are still present.