ArchiveOne Express, v6.6 or earlier
All ArchiveOne Express customers are now able to do install ArchiveOne Enterprise free of charge when upgrading to v7 or later. To obtain a software download for the latest version please contact Barracuda Support.
Before installing ArchiveOne Express please review the installation pre-requisites which are given here. To ensure the Archive server meets the system requirements, please run the ArchiveOne for Exchange Deployment Prep Tool on the archive server and review the report. Any warnings or errors must be corrected before proceeding.
HOW TO STEPS
1. Right-click the ?ArchiveOne Policy Unicode Setup Express X.X.X.XXXX.exe? and select ?Run as administrator?.
Run Installer as Administrator
1. The ArchiveOne Express installer window will open. Click ?Next?.
Installer Welcome Screen
1. On the ?Licence Agreement? step, read the text and select ?I agree? if you accept the Licence terms and click ?Next? to proceed.
1. On the ?Customer Information? step, enter your ?User Name? and ?Organization? and click ?Next? to proceed.
1. On the ?Custom Setup? step, select the required components for installation. By default, all components will be installed.
Custom Setup Component Selection
1. ArchiveOne Service ? This will be installed on the Archive server, and cannot be installed on any other machine.
2. ArchiveOne Admin ? This will be installed on the Archive server, and can optionally be installed on other machine.
3. Search and Retrieval website ? This will be installed on the Archive server, and can optionally also be installed on another server (eg, Front End Server) to allow internal & external archive access.
4. Quick Link Client Installer ? This will be installed on the Archive server, and does not need to be installed anywhere else.
5. Laptop Client Installer ? This will be installed on the Archive server, and does not need to be installed anywhere else.
6. PST Client ? This will be installed on the Archive server, and does not need to be installed anywhere else.The default installation location is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\C2C Systems\Archive One'. Click the ?Change??
button to modify the installation location if required and click ?Next? to proceed.Click ?Install? to begin the installation.
Ready to Install
1. If you do not already have the latest version of the MAPI CDO, you will receive a dialog stating that this is required. Click the ?Download MAPI? button to download and install the latest version of the MAPI CDO from
Install MAPI library
1. You will now be prompted for the Exchange server to connect to. For Exchange 2010 environments, this must be a server with the CAS role or the name of the CAS Array. Enter the NETBIOS name of the server (e.g.
?Exchange01?) and click ?Next?.
Exchange Server Name
1. The ArchiveOne Deployment Analyzer will now run a series of tests against your environment to be certain that it is ready to run ArchiveOne. After the tests complete, a window will be displayed indicating if there are any Warnings and/or Failures. Click the ?View Detailed Results? button to view the report and any failures need to be resolved before continuing with the installation.
ArchiveOne Deployment Analyzer
1. Once any failed tests have been resolved, click ?OK? to continue.
2. You will now be prompted to specify the location of the Configuration server. This setting determines where the configuration data will be stored in a shared folder named ?Add-ins?. The share is created the first time the service starts after installation. It can be any server but is typically ?The local machine?. Select the option required and click the ?Next? button.
1. You are now prompted for the SQL server option to use. This provides the Search Optimization, Auditing, Case Management and Browse Archive features.
SQL Instance Options
1. OPTION 1: ?None? will configure ArchiveOne not to use an SQL server. This means that the features which require an SQL database will not be available.
2. OPTION 2: ?Use a C2C configured instance of SQL Server Express? will install an SQL Server Express 2008 R2 instance named ?C2CARCHIVEONE? on the local machine.
Local SQL Configuration
1. Click ?Configure? to select the installation directory and database path. By default, these directories are set to ?C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server.?
2. Click ?OK? to close the configuration and save the changes.OPTION 3: ?Use an existing SQL Server? will configure the connection for an existing SQL Server and instance.
Specified SQL Server Configuration
1. Click ?Configure? to enter the SQL instance details.
2. The ?SQL Server Instance? should be entered in the format ?SERVERNAME\INSTANCE?, where SERVERNAME is the name of the SQL Server and INSTANCE is the name of the SQL instance if there are multiple instances on the named SQL Server.
3. The ?SQL Login? should be the Active Directory domain account with sufficient permissions to administrate the named SQL instance. Click ?Browse? to select the user account from Active Directory.
4. Enter the password for the chosen account in the ?Login Password? and ?Confirm Password? fields.
5. Click ?OK? to save the configuration.OPTION 4: ?No change? will use the existing SQL configuration as defined in the Add-ins share on the specified Configuration server. You may chose this option if you are reinstalling the software and wish to maintain the existing configuration.Once you have made your selection, click ?Next? to proceed.On the ?Group Creation Summary? step you will be asked to name the security group for ArchiveOne users. Members of this security group are allowed to access the ArchiveOne Admin console. By default the group is named ?ArchiveOneUsers?.
Group Creation Summary
1. If you wish to use another security group:
2. Click ?Browse? to select another pre-created security group in AD; or
3. Type the new security group name in ?Group Name? to have the installer create the security group for you with this name.Click ?Verify? to confirm the named Domain Controller (DC) can be contacted.Check that the DCs listed in the ?DCs in Site? panel are online and available.Click ?Next? to continue.On the ?User Account Creation Summary? step you will be asked to name the ArchiveOne service account. This is the account that will be given appropriate Exchange and AD permissions during installation. By default the user is named ?ArchiveOneAdmin?.
User Account Creation Summary
1. If you wish to use another account:
2. Click ?Browse? to select another pre-created user in AD; or
3. Type the new username in ?Account Name? to have the installer create the user account for you with this name.
4. Enter the password for the named user account in ?Password? and ?Confirm Password?.Click ?Verify? to confirm the named Domain Controller (DC) can be contacted.Check that the DCs listed in the ?DCs in Site? panel are online and available.Click ?Next? to continue.On the ?DCOM Security? screen, select the required security setting. By default, this is ?Allow DCOM access for everyone?. For further information on choosing the appropriate setting, click the ?Help? button. Once you have made the required selection, click ?Next? to continue.
1. The installer will now perform the system preparation. Once complete, click ?Next? to continue.
1. The installer is now ready to begin the installation. Leave the ?Start Service? box checked and click ?Next? to start installing.
Complete System Preparation
1. Once the installation has completed successfully, click ?Finish? to close the installer.
If you have installed ArchiveOne on a Small Business Server (SBS), then additional configuration of the ArchiveOne web services is required as per HOWTO: Configuring the ArchiveOne Search & Retrieval websites on Small Business Server
Please follow this link for steps on HOWTO: Configure ArchiveOne Express.
Link To This Page: