ArchiveOne Enterprise, all versions
If you are upgrading ArchiveOne Enterprise to a new major version (i.e. the first two version numbers between the currently installed version of ArchiveOne and the version you are upgrading to do not match) then you should upgrade by uninstalling the existing version, before installing the new version. Uninstalling ArchiveOne does not remove the configuration data, so your existing repositories, policies and other configuration will be maintained.
If you are not certain whether to perform an in-place upgrade or upgrade via uninstall/reinstall, then please contact your Barracuda Support representative for advice.
HOW TO STEPS
To upgrade ArchiveOne:
1. You will need to note your existing configuration prior to uninstalling so you can re-enter these details during the installation of the new version: HOWTO: Determine the current ArchiveOne Enterprise configuration
2. Having noted your existing configuration, you can now uninstall the existing version of ArchiveOne.
1. On the archive server, open the Control Panel.
2. Select the Uninstall a program link under Programs and Features.
3. Uninstall the following components in order:
1. ArchiveOne Filter Services
2. ArchiveOne Enterprise
3. AOneDAOnce uninstalled, now install the new version of ArchiveOne on the Archive server: HOWTO: Install ArchiveOne Enterprise
1. During installation, enter the same configuration information as noted in step 1 to maintain the existing configuration.If the Search & Retrieval websites are installed on a separate Web server and not on the Archive server, each Web server will need to be upgraded:
1. Uninstall ArchiveOne Enterprise from Program and Features in the Control Panel.
2. Once uninstalled, now install the new version of ArchiveOne on the web server: HOWTO: Install the Search & Retrieval website on another server
3. During installation, enter the same configuration information as noted in step 1 to maintain the existing configuration.Once the archive server and any Web servers have been upgraded, you will need to upgrade the Quick Link Client and Laptop Clients where deployed.
1. The new version of the clients are available in the installation directory on the Archive server (by default, C:\Program Files (x86)\Barracuda\ArchiveOne\Clients).
Once the upgrade has been completed, you should test the system functionality to ensure users can retrieve messages from the archive and policies run successfully.
Link To This Page: