ArchiveOne Enterprise, all versions
When attempting to retrieve an archived message via the Search & Retrieval website for a user who has been migrated to an Exchange 2007 or 2010 server, the following error is displayed (variables have been indicated in the top section by using fully capitalized descriptions):
Request Url: http(s)://HOSTNAME/LINK/TO/ARCHIVED/MESSAGE User host address: IPADDRESS User: USERNAME EX Address: /o=ORG NAME/ou=ADMIN GROUP NAME/cn=Recipients/cn=USERNAME SMTP Address: USER@DOMAIN OWA version: VERSION Mailbox server: FQDN.OF.MAIL.SERVER
Exception Exception type: System.NotSupportedException Exception message: GetSessionForFolderContent is not supported for Item types
Call stack: Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.OwaStoreObjectId.GetSessionForFolderContent(UserContex t userContext) Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.Utilities.GetFolderForContent[T](UserContext userContext, OwaStoreObjectId folderId, PropertyDefinition prefetchProperties) Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Premium.FolderListViewPage.LoadViewState() Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Premium.ListViewPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Premium.MessageView.OnLoad(EventArgs e) System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
The Distinguished Name (DN) for the user can no longer be identified. This has likely changed during the user's migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007/2010.
To update the stored DN for the user, re-add the user to the Mailbox Manager:
1. Open the ArchiveOne Admin Console and select the 'Mailbox Manager' node.
2. Find the user in the list of mailboxes. Right-click the user and select 'Disable Processing'.
3. Add the user to Mailbox Manager again.
1. Right-click the 'Mailbox Manager' node and select 'Add Mailbox...'
2. Find the user in the mailbox list, click the 'Add' button and click 'OK'.If there are now two instances of the user's mailbox are present in the Mailbox Manager, grant the 'new' user rights to the 'old' user's archive.
1. Right-click the 'old' user's mailbox (that was previously disabled for processing in step 2) and select 'Properties'.
2. Under 'List of users that can search into the archive of this mailbox', click 'Add'.
3. Select the 'new' user from the mailbox list, click the 'Add' button to move the user to the 'Selected Users' column, and click 'OK'.
4. You should now see that the disabled mailbox has the user's name listed twice in the 'List of Users That Are Allowed to Search into the Mailbox' column.Click 'OK' on the Mailbox Properties window to save the settings.
Now attempt to retrieve an archived message via the Search & Retrieval Website again to confirm this is now retrieved successfully.
Link To This Page: