ArchiveOne Enterprise, all versions
This article will explain how to determine the size of a single user's archived messages using Excel to sum the exported results of an archive search.
HOW TO STEPS
1. Open the ArchiveOne Admin console.
2. Right-click on the 'Archive Searches' node and select 'New...'.
3. In 'Search name', type an appropriate name for the search.
4. Click the 'Source criteria' button, choose 'Selected mailboxes or dlists' and click 'Browse'.
5. Select the user you want to determine the size of the archive for, click 'Add'and then click 'OK' to close the 'Choose mailboxes' window.
6. Click 'OK' to save your source criteria and click 'Done' to save your search.
7. Right-click the search you just created and click 'Run'.
8. When the 'Search Results' window appears, click 'View summary'.
9. After the list of matching results appears, click the 'View' menu and select 'Add/Remove Columns'.
10. In the 'Displayed columns' lists, remove all columns except: 'Status' (required); 'Store'; and 'Size'. Click 'OK'.
11. You should now only have a review displaying the Status, Store and Size columns.
12. Click the 'Export' button, or click the 'Action' menu and select 'Export List...'.
13. Save the file as a '.CSV' in an appropriate location.
14. Open the saved .CSV file in Microsoft Excel.
15. Select the entire 'Size' column, right-click the selection and choose 'Format Cells...'.
16. On the Number tab, select 'Number' under Category and click 'OK'.
17. With the 'Size' column still selected, click 'Find & Select' in the Home bar and select 'Replace...'.
18. In the Find and Replace window, type ' KB' (<space>KB) in the 'Find what' field and leave the 'Replace with' field blank.
19. Click 'Replace All' and all the 'KB' text in the column will be removed.
20. With the 'Size' column still selected, click 'Find & Select' in the Home bar and select 'Replace...'.
21. In the Find and Replace window, type ' MB' (<space>KB) in the 'Find what' field and in the 'Replace with' field type '000'.
22. Click 'Replace All' and all the 'MB' text in the column will be removed and converted to KB.
23. Create a formula to SUM the entire 'Size' column and the result will be the size of the user's archived items in KB.
Note: the above process is only valid if the user has less than 500,000 items as the Search results window has a limit to the number of results it can display.
Link To This Page: