ArchiveOne Enterprise, v6.5 and earlier
Before installing ArchiveOne Enterprise (Compliance), please review the installation pre-requisites which are given here:
To ensure the archive server meets the system requirements, please run the ArchiveOne for Exchange Deployment Prep Tool on the archive server and review the report.
Any warnings or errors must be corrected before proceeding.
NOTE: The ArchiveOne for Exchange Deployment Prep Tool must be run prior to the installation as it not only ensures that the environment and server are correctly configured before an installation, it also allows you to choose whether to install SQL Express. The option to install SQL Express will not be presented otherwise, and you will be forced to use an existing SQL instance if you do not choose to install SQL Express during the running of the ArchiveOne for Exchange Deployment Prep Tool.
HOW TO STEPS
To install ArchiveOne Enterprise Compliance:
1. Right-click the 'ArchiveOne Compliance Unicode Setup Enterprise.X.X.X.XXXX.exe' and select 'Run as administrator'.
Run as Administrator
1. The ArchiveOne Enterprise (Compliance) installer window will open. Click 'Next'.
Installer Welcome screen
1. On the 'Licence Agreement' step, read the text and select 'I agree' if you accept the Licence terms and click 'Next' to proceed.
1. On the 'Customer Information' step enter your 'User Name' and 'Organization' and click 'Next' to proceed.
1. On the 'Custom Setup' step, select the required components for installation. By default, all components will be installed.
1. Service: This will only be installed on the archive server and cannot be installed on any other machine.
2. Administration Console: This installs the ArchiveOne administration console. This will be installed on the Archive server and can optionally be installed on additional machines if required.The default installation location is C:\Program Files (x86)\C2C Systems\AOne Compliance. Click the 'Change...' button to modify the installation location if required and click 'Next' to proceed.
Changing the installation directory
1. Click 'Install' to begin the installation.
Ready to install the program
1. If you do not already have the latest version of the MAPI CDO, you will receive a dialog stating that this is required. Click the 'Download MAPI' button to download and install the latest version of the MAPI CDO from Microsoft.
Install MAPI library
1. You will now be prompted for the Exchange server to connect to. For Exchange 2010 environments, this must be a server with the CAS role or the name of the CAS Array. Enter the NETBIOS name of the server (e.g. 'EXCHANGE01') and click 'Next'.
1. The ArchiveOne Deployment Analyzer will now run a series of tests against your environment to be certain that it is ready to run ArchiveOne. After the tests complete, a window will be displayed indicating if there are any Warnings and/or Failures. Click the 'View Detailed Results' button to view the report and any failures need to be resolved before continuing with the installation.
ArchiveOne Deployment Analyzer results
1. Once all failed tests have been resolved, click 'OK' to continue.
2. You will now be prompted to specify the location of the Configuration server. This setting determines where the configuration data will be stored in a shared folder named ‘Add-ins’. The share is created the first time the service starts after installation. It can be any server but is typically 'The local machine'. Select the option required and click the 'Next' button.
Selecting the Configuration server
1. You are now prompted for the SQL server option to use. This provides the Search Optimization and Auditing features.
SQL Server options
1. OPTION 1: 'None' will configure ArchiveOne not to use an SQL server. This means that the features which require an SQL database will not be available
2. OPTION 2: ‘Use a C2C configured instance of SQL Server Express’ will allow you to use the previously installed SQL Server Express 2008 R2 instance named ‘C2CARCHIVEONE’ that was installed during the running of the ArchiveOne for Exchange Deployment Prep Tool.
3. Click 'Configure' to select the installation directory and database path. By default, these directories are set to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server.
4. Click 'OK' to close the configuration and save the changes.
Local SQL Configuration
1. OPTION 3: 'Use an existing SQL Server' will configure the connection for an existing SQL Server and instance
1. Click 'Configure' to enter the SQL instance details.
2. The 'SQL Server Instance' should be entered in the format 'SERVERNAME\INSTANCE', where SERVERNAME is the name of the SQL Server and INSTANCE is the name of the SQL instance if there are multiple instances on the named SQL Server.
3. The 'SQL Login' should be the Active Directory domain account with sufficient permissions to administrate the named SQL instance. Click 'Browse' to select the user account from Active Directory.
4. Enter the password for the chosen account in the 'Login Password' and 'Confirm Password' fields.
5. Click 'OK' to save the configuration.
Specified SQL Server Configuration
1. OPTION 4: 'No change' will use the existing SQL configuration as defined in the Add-ins share on the specified Configuration server. You may chose this option if you are reinstalling the software and wish to maintain the existing configuration.
2. Once you have made your selection, click 'Next' to proceed.On the 'Group Creation Summary' step you will be asked to name the security group for ArchiveOne users. Members of this security group are allowed to access the ArchiveOne Admin console. By default the group is named 'ArchiveOneUsers'.
3. If you wish to use another security group:
1. Click 'Browse' to select another pre-created security group in AD; or
2. Type the new security group name in 'Group Name' to have the installer create the security group for you with this name.Click 'Verify' to confirm the named Domain Controller (DC) can be contacted.Check that the DCs listed in the 'DCs in Site' panel are online and available.Click 'Next' to continue.
Group Creation Summary
1. On the 'User Account Creation Summary' step you will be asked to name the ArchiveOne service acccount. This is the account that will be given appropriate Exchange and AD permissions during installation. By default the user is named 'ArchiveOneAdmin'.
2. If you wish to use another account:
1. Click 'Browse' to select another pre-created user in AD; or
2. Type the new username in 'Account Name' to have the installer create the user account for you with this name.
3. Enter the password for the named user account in 'Password' and 'Confirm Password'.Click 'Verify' to confirm the named Domain Controller (DC) can be contacted.Check that the DCs listed in the 'DCs in Site' panel are
online and available.Click 'Next' to continue.
User Account Creation
1. On the 'DCOM Security' screen, select the required security setting. It is recommended to 'Allow members of the ArchiveOne Enterprise (Compliance) Users group to access the server through DCOM'. For further information on choosing the appropriate setting, click the 'Help' button. Once you have made the required selection, click 'Next' to continue.
1. The installer will now perform the system preparation. Once complete, click 'Next' to continue.
1. The installer is now ready to begin the installation. Leave the 'Start Service' box checked and click 'Next' to start installing.
Complete System Preparation
1. Once the installation has completed successfully, click 'Finish' to close the installer.
The ArchiveOne Enterprise Compliance installation has completed. You can now configure ArchiveOne by following:
HOWTO: Configure ArchiveOne Enterprise (Compliance):
Link to This Page: