This article will outline how to configure ArchiveOne Express from the Admin console after a first time installation.
HOW TO STEPS
1. Click on the ArchiveOne Express icon on the desktop or within your Start Menu.
1. A window will appear requesting the server to connect to. Enter the name of the NETBIOS name of the Configuration Server and click the 'OK' button (this is the Local Server name ? where the ?Add-ins? share was created).
1. The Mailbox Archiving Wizard will now automatically start; click the 'Next' button to begin.
Mailbox Archiving Wizard
1. In the Repositories screen, define the number of repositories by year and location where your Mailbox repositories will be located and click the 'Next' button.
2. Configure the number of years of back data your Exchange server holds.
3. Configure the number of years for wish you wish to continue archiving (forward).
4. Select the location where your repositories will reside.
1. In the Policy Type screen, select the required 'Policy Type' then click the 'Next' button.
1. Choose 'Message Age' if you wish to archive based on messages that are older than X days.
2. Choose 'Mailbox Size' if you wish to archive based on mailboxes which have reached X % of their quota.If using time-based policies, now choose an appropriate offset for your policy and click 'Finish'.
Time Based Policies
1. It is usual to accept the default 90 days here. You can be less aggressive with archiving and increase this value. The policies created by the wizard can be modified, so you can change the number of days set if you wish to.If using quota-based policies, now choose an appropriate percentage for your policy and click 'Finish'.
Quota Based Policies
1. The Journal Archiving Wizard will now automatically start. To optionally enable this functionality, tick 'Enable Journal Archiving' and click 'Next'.
1. If you have enabled Journal archiving, you will be prompted to choose the Exchange Journal Mailbox that ArchiveOne Express should process. Click 'Browse' to disable the Global Address List (GAL) and select the mailbox(es) that you have configured as the Exchange Journal mailbox(es). Click 'Next' to proceed.
1. In the Repository Selection screen, define the number of repositories by year and location where your Journal repositories will be located and click the 'Next' button.
1. Configure the number of years for wish you wish to continue archiving (forward).
2. Select the location where your repositories will reside.The System Configuration Wizard will now automatically start. On the License screen, click the 'Review or Change the license key' button.
3. If you do not have a permanent license key yet, you may skip this step and continue to use the Evaluation licence (which is restricted to 5 mailboxes).
1. Enter your license key into the text box and click the 'Test and Install license key' button.
1. Click 'OK' on the licensing advisory message and click 'OK' on the licence confirmation message. Click 'Done' to close the license window and click the 'Next' button to proceed.
2. In the Retrieval Folder screen, optionally navigate to the Public Folder that is available to retrieve messages to from an Archive Search in the Admin Console. Click the 'Next' button to proceed.
1. You may create a new public folder specific to this task within the window after clicking the 'Browse' button.
2. This screen will be skipped automatically if your environment does not contain a Public Folder store.In the Search URL screen, enter the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) that points to the host running the Search & Retrieval Website, then click the 'Next' button.
3. The only instance where using a NETBIOS name (as opposed to a FQDN) is permitted is if all of your users operate solely within the internal network.
4. If the host where your Search & Retrieval Website is running is configured to use SSL, then you check the box to 'Use SSL for connection to the archive search website'.
1. In the OWA Configuration screen, you can complete your OWA configuration details then click the 'Next' button to proceed.
2. To use Outlook Web Access (OWA) to display the retrieved messages (which allows external users to retrieve archived messages via OWA), tick 'Allow the search website to use OWA to view retrieved messages'.
3. If your OWA requires an SSL connection (HTTPS), tick 'Use SSL for connection to the OWA server'.
4. To specify a fixed address for the redirection to OWA (for instance, if the Exchange autodiscovery mechanism returns an internal address which not publicly resolvable), tick 'Use a fixed OWA server name'. If your users operate solely within the internal network then a NETBIOS name can be used.
1. In the Mailbox Folders screen, you can (optionally) change the default folder names that ArchiveOne Express creates in each user?s mailbox, then click the 'Next' button.
1. In the Server Data Location screen, you can (optionally) set a different location for the Temporary Data, then click the 'Next' button.
2. This location defaults to the installation directory.
3. You should have 10GB of free space available in the specified location.
Server Data Location
1. In the Offline Archive screen, you can (optionally) set a different location for the Offline Archive synchronization location on both the server and the client side, then click the 'Next' button.
1. In the Audit Server screen, you can specify the NETBIOS name of your Audit server (by default the Archive server) and enable SSL if required. Click the 'Next' button to proceed.
1. In the System Health Mail Details screen, specify the email address which will receive the System Health report and the SMTP server which can be used to send the emails. Click the 'Test Email' button to send a test email and confirm the configuration is correct. Then click the 'Next' button to proceed.
System Health Mail Details
1. You can complete the Wizard at this point by clicking the 'Finish' button. As the completion screen states, you now need to add configure the mailboxes you wish to process in the Mailbox Manager.
2. Right-click on the 'Mailbox Manager' node and click ?Add Mailbox...'. You can select mailboxes or distribution lists from the Global Address List (GAL) and click 'OK' once you have made your selection.
3. You should only add the Mailboxes that you wish to archive.
4. You can add as many mailboxes as you have licences for.
Choosing Mailboxes from the Global Address List
1. Once you have configured the mailboxes for archiving, you can now schedule the archiving process. Right-click the 'Status' node and select 'Schedule...'. You can set how often you wish the email and journaling policies to run.
Common Policy Schedule
1. The configuration is now complete. The chosen mailboxes will be archived by the defined policies when specified by your archiving schedule.