If you are upgrading ArchiveOne Enterprise Compliance to a new major version (i.e. the first two version numbers between the currently installed version of ArchiveOne and the version you are upgrading to do not match) then you should upgrade by uninstalling the existing version, before installing the new version. Uninstalling ArchiveOne does not remove the configuration data, so your existing repositories and other configuration will be maintained. If you are not certain whether to perform an in-place upgrade or upgrade via uninstall/reinstall, then please contact your Support representative for advice.
HOW TO STEPS
To upgrade ArchiveOne:
1. You will need to note your existing configuration prior to uninstalling so you can re-enter these details during the installation of the new version:
HOWTO: Determine the current ArchiveOne Enterprise (Compliance) configuration
2. Having noted your existing configuration, you can now uninstall the existing version of ArchiveOne.
1. On the archive server, open the Control Panel.
2. Select the 'Uninstall a program' link under Programs.
3. Select 'ArchiveOne Enterprise (Compliance)' in the Programs list and click 'Uninstall'.Once uninstalled, now install the new version of ArchiveOne on the Archive server:
HOWTO: Install ArchiveOne Compliance
1. During installation, enter the same configuration information as noted in step 1 to maintain the existing configuration.
Once the upgrade has been completed, you should test the system functionality.
To test the System functionality to ensure correct operation. It is suggested you:
*Run a System Health report and review any warnings or failures.
*Run immediate archiving and confirm it completes successfully.
*Confirm you can run an
archive search and retrieve a message successfully