When the user runs a live search from the Archive Search (AOneSearch) website, no results from the live Exchange mailbox are returned. The AOneSearch log shows the following error:
2015-09-10 16:48:00.9391 6: 1aqccvff3doewmrfwiznwyhq (IntegrationFramework) GetAOneEWSURL completed - returning http://A1-2008R2/AOneEWS/LiveSearch.asmx
2015-09-10 16:48:01.7673 6: 1aqccvff3doewmrfwiznwyhq (IntegrationFramework) SearchManager.RunQueryGetArray call to ExecuteLiveSearch caught exception:System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object parameters)
at C2CSystems.ArchiveOne.Policy.LiveSearchWS.LiveSearch.ExecuteLiveSearch(String Domain, LiveSearchQuery searchQuery, String IgnoreFolders, LiveSearchResult& results, Boolean& PartialResults)
at C2CSystems.ArchiveOne.Policy.SearchManager.RunQueryGetArray(Object query, Boolean searchLiveMailbox, Array& arrayOfArchiveSearchResults, Array& arrayOfLiveSearchResults, UInt32& iArchiveResultCount, Boolean& IsLiveResultsPartial, Boolean UseHTTPS, String domain)
The following error is seen the AOneEWS log:
2015-09-10 16:52:45.7652 17: Attempting to autodiscover - if we can't find EWS we'll use url: https://DC-08R2-EX2010/EWS/Exchange.asmx
2015-09-10 16:52:47.9685 17: Error:LiveSearch threw EXCEPTION: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2015-09-10 16:52:47.9685 17: SOURCE:AOneEWS
2015-09-10 16:52:47.9685 17: METHOD:ExecuteLiveSearch
2015-09-10 16:52:47.9685 17: STACK is as follows:
at AOneEWS.LiveSearch.ExecuteLiveSearch(String Domain, LiveSearchQuery searchQuery, String IgnoreFolders, LiveSearchResult& results, Boolean& PartialResults)
To run a search against the live mailbox data in Exchange, AOneSearch uses the AOneEWS web service to call EWS. If AOneEWS is unable to connect EWS, then an HTTP error will be returned.
The URL and the returned HTTP error will be specified in the trace file in the SOAP URL and SOAP GetStatusCode lines, e.g.:
Attempting to autodiscover - if we can't find EWS we'll use url: https://DC-08R2-EX2010/EWS/Exchange.asmx
The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.
1. Check the URL is correct.
2. The URL for the EWS website may be an internal or external hostname, but must be resolvable internally on the network.If the URL is correct, resolve the HTTP error.
3. The HTTP status code is returned in the log file: e.g. Get Status Code:403
4. HTTP 401: Unauthorized
5. The EWS website should have Anonymous authentication enabled. If you are prompted to authenticate you should confirm that the authentication on the website is correctly set in IIS Manager. If you have a proxy server, you should confirm that you are bypassing any proxy authentication requests.HTTP 403: Forbidden
1. This implies you are trying to access a website that requires SSL without using HTTPS. If SSL is configured in IIS Manager for this website and you have a valid SSL certificate, then you should specify HTTPS on the URL. If you do not have a valid SSL certificate for this address, then you should remove the requirement for SSL from the website in IIS Manager.
1. HTTP 404: Not found
2. The website requested was not found on the server. You should confirm in IIS Manager on the server that the website is correctly configured and the content is in the specified location on disk.HTTP 503: Service Unavailable
3. The web service is not running on the web server. You should confirm in IIS Manager that the ArchiveOne application pool is running and the website is accessible on the local server.It may assist you to copy the URL into a web browser as you will be able to see any authentication prompts, page not found, or SSL certificate errors. The URL must be accessible without user intervention.