The Barracuda Backup is an affordable solution for onsite and remote data storage and access. Quickly and securely store data in multiple offsite locations. Barracuda Backup removes duplicate data inline at the block level to reduce traditional backup storage requirements up to 25 times, while reducing backup windows and bandwidth requirements.
If you have deployed Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 Complete Protection and Compliance, see Barracuda Cloud Backup.
Where to Start
Use the Barracuda Backup Quick Start Guide included with your device, or for detailed installation and configuration steps, start here:
- Step 1 - How to Install the Barracuda Backup Appliance
- Step 2 - How to Configure Barracuda Backup
- Step 3 - How to Configure Backups
- Step 4 - Data Backup Tasks
- Cloud-to-Cloud Deployment – Protect Microsoft Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint Online data by backing it up directly to Barracuda Cloud Storage.
- Backup Export Tool – Export historical revisions of data backed up and stored on a Barracuda Backup appliance or appliances.
- Data Sources – Choose the method for backing up data based on the type of data and data source.
- Recovery and Restoration – Restore data from the local Barracuda Backup Server, from a remote Barracuda Backup Server that has been used to replicate that system, or from Barracuda Cloud Storage.
- Barracuda LiveBoot – Use Barracuda LiveBoot to boot VMware virtual guest systems in the Barracuda Cloud. LiveBoot in the cloud is useful as a sandbox for testing purposes.
- Backup Analytics – View a detailed list of large items by source or file name in the REPORTS > Large Items page.
- Local Control – Enable Local Control to manage your Barracuda Backup Server independently of Barracuda Networks Cloud in a "connectionless" state.
Appliance Web Interface
- STATUS Page – View an overview of the performance and health of your Barracuda Backup.
- BACKUP Page – Set up and manage data source backup.
- RESTORE Page – Restore data from the local Barracuda Backup Server, from a remote Barracuda Backup Server that has been used to replicate that system, or from the Barracuda Cloud Storage.
- REPORTS Page – View detailed reports for each backup that is run.
- SYSTEM Page – Manage the Barracuda Backup firmware version and settings, and access software downloads.
- ADMIN Page – Configure user access, set up email notifications, define display groups, and link a Barracuda Backup appliance.
Barracuda Cloud Backup Web Interface
- STATUS Page – View an overview of your backup activity and storage details.
- BACKUP Page – Set up and manage how data is backed up.
- RESTORE Page – Restore data from Barracuda Cloud Storage.
- REPORTS Page – View backup and restore details as well as an audit log of all activities in the Barracuda Cloud Backup.
- SYSTEM Page – Specify a name to identify Barracuda Cloud Backup and set the time zone.
- ADMIN Page – Configure users and set up email notifications.
View the status of your Barracuda Backup Servers and devices connected through Barracuda Appliance Control. Additionally, you can contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support for assistance and, if necessary, open a support tunnel for your devices using Barracuda Networks Mobile Applications:
- BCC iOS Mobile App for iPhone and iPod Touch
- BCC Mobile App for iPad
- Barracuda Networks Android Mobile Application