This article refers to the Barracuda Backup Legacy Release firmware or newer, and Microsoft® Active Directory (AD) on Microsoft Windows Server® 2012. For information on backing up the AD, refer to How to Back Up Microsoft Active Directory.
Use the following steps to restore an AD Object from the AD Recycle Bin:
- Log in to the Windows Server 2012 as the administrator.
- Go to Start, and type dsac.exe to open the ADAC, or in Server Manager, click Tools, and then click Active Directory Administrative Center.
In the left pane, click on the target Server name; a Deleted Objects container displays in the center pane:
- Double-click the Deleted Objects container to view a list of deleted items which can be restored.
- Right-click on the user to restore, and click Restore:
- Verify the user has been restored.