This article refers to Barracuda Backup version 6.2 or higher.
When Barracuda Technical Support needs to troubleshoot a Barracuda Backup appliance linked through Cloud Control, the technician uses the VPN tunnel between the appliance and the Barracuda Cloud Servers. However, there are some conditions where the VPN tunnel is prevented from connecting. For example, if a Barracuda Backup appliance is linked through Local Control, a support tunnel must be manually opened for remote diagnostics and technical support services over TCP port 22 outbound in contrast with the default VPN connection over port 1194.
Open a Support Tunnel through the Web Interface
Use the following steps to open a support tunnel through the Barracuda Backup web interface:
- Log in to https://login.barracuda.com/, and select the appliance in the left pane.
- Go to System > Barracuda Backup Appliance Settings, and click Open Support Tunnel.
- Once troubleshooting is complete, click Close Support Tunnel to disable the support tunnel.
Open a Support Tunnel Using the Console
You can use the Console screen to open a support tunnel.
Use the following steps to open a Support Tunnel using the Console:
- Connect the VGA monitor and keyboard to the Barracuda Backup appliance.
- Use the keyboard arrows to highlight Troubleshooting, and press either Enter or the right arrow key on your keyboard to move the cursor to the Troubleshooting menu:
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the cursor to Enable Tunnel in the Remote Support section:
- Press Enter to open a support tunnel. Verify the support tunnel is open:
- Once troubleshooting is complete, repeat steps 1-4 to Disable the support tunnel.
Open a Support Tunnel from Local Control
Use the following steps to log in to the local interface and open a support tunnel for remote diagnostics and technical support services over TCP port 22 outbound:
- In a browser window, enter the Barracuda Backup appliance IP address.
- Log in using your Barracuda Cloud Control credentials.
- Go to the System > Device Information page, and in the Server Actions section, click Open Support Tunnel:
- The button changes to Close Support Tunnel, and a message displays indicating that the tunnel is open.
- Once troubleshooting is complete, click Close Support Tunnel.