The articles in this section refer to Barracuda Backup Legacy Release firmware or newer.
Before configuring the IP address and network settings, complete Step 1 - How to Install a Barracuda Backup Server.
If the appliance is located behind a corporate firewall, you may need to open the following ports to allow communication between the appliance and Barracuda Networks; note that there cannot be any restrictions on these ports:
- Ports 80/443, 1194, and 5120-5129 outbound for both TCP and UDP are required for communication.
- Ports 5120-5129 are used to replicate data to Barracuda Cloud Storage. Barracuda Backup uses these ports to securely transfer data over the Internet to the offsite storage location.
Contact Barracuda Technical Support to restrict outbound network traffic on these ports to only reach Barracuda Networks.
Configure IP Address and Network Settings
By default, the Barracuda Backup appliance is configured to obtain an IP address on your network using DHCP. If you want to assign it a static IP address instead, you can configure it using the console administration interface.
To configure the Barracuda Backup appliance to use a static IP address:
- Connect a monitor and keyboard to the Barracuda Backup appliance.
- Use your Arrow keys to highlight the TCP/IP Configuration field.
Press Enter to access the right pane.
- Use the Arrow keys to select and enter the IP Address, and then press Enter to move to the next option.
Enter the remaining settings as appropriate for your network.
Use the Arrow keys to navigate to Save, and press Enter.
In the Network Status section, Local and Internet should display as Up while Cloud displays as DOWN until the appliance is linked to an account later in the installation process.
For additional information, refer to the article Barracuda Console.
Enter Encryption Key
- Use the Barracuda Console to access the configuration menu using the credentials admin / admin.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight Disk Encryption in the left pane.
- Press Enter to switch from read mode to edit mode.
Use the arrow keys to highlight the Change Encryption Key section in the right pane.
.Type a new encryption key that meets the password requirements listed on-screen in the Enter New Key and Confirm New Key fields.
Optionally, type a new power-on password in the Enter Password and Confirm Password fields.
Navigate to Save, and press Enter. The confirmation screen displays.
Press Enter to continue and return to the Barracuda Console.
In the System Configuration screen, use the down arrow to navigate to and select Exit, and press Enter.
Verify Connection to Barracuda Networks
Once you log in to the web interface, the Barracuda Backup appliance you have just installed, powered on, and linked, should be listed in the left pane with a green indicator () to the left of its name. The Dashboard page displays a green light next to the appliance name indicating it is successfully linked to your account. If the indicator light is not green, verify network settings and appliance connectivity, or contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support for additional direction.
Enter Server Name and Location
In the System > Barracuda Backup Appliance Settings page, enter a name for your Barracuda Backup appliance, the associated time zone, and server location.
Define Display Groups
If you have multiple Barracuda Backup appliances, you can manage them through display groups:
- Log in to Barracuda Backup, and go to the Admin > Display Groups page.
- All display groups active on your account display in the Current Display Groups section.
- To add a new display group, enter a name for the group of devices, and then click Add. For example, if you want to group all Barracuda Backup Servers by location, you might create groups by geographic location: Engineering - Asia, Engineering - US, Engineering - Europe.
- The display group name appears in the Current Display Groups section.
To remove a display group, click Remove to the right of the group name you want to remove; click OK to remove the group.
Add a Barracuda Backup Appliance to a Group
Once you create display groups, you can add a Barracuda Backup appliance to the group using the following steps:
- In the left pane, select the desired Barracuda Backup, and go to the System > Barracuda Backup Appliance Settings page.
- In the Backup Appliance Display Group section, select the desired display group name from the Current Display Group drop-down menu.
- To add or remove display groups, click Manage your display groups; the Admin > Display Groups page displays.
- Click Save.
Continue with Step 3 - How to Configure Backups.